Because we found the window frames were icky when we gutted the house, Billy has rebuilt them using plain pine. With the new drywall and fresh coats of creamy white paint, the guest house is closer and closer to ready for our first residential guests. Up this week: scraping old linoleum glue and drywall debris off the concrete floor so that we can finish the flooring.
And meet our pigs! Pig One, which we’ve had for about 6 weeks and who is standing in their trough at the back, was bored and also not clearing out this area fast enough. (We’re using pigs instead of the borrowed tractor to clear some pasture for the vegetable garden.) Today we got Oreo Pig and Pale Pig, and they seem to like the pasture. Pig One wagged her curly tail and started playing; Oreo Pig joined in, but Pale Pig is a little skittish. We plan to move their 25’x25’ pen every three weeks so they can clear more. Then the Rooster Brothers will come through and scratch things up, with mulch and alpaca beans. Spring is coming!
We also borrowed a tractor to help put in cedar posts, harvested from our woods, to fence the garden.